Fifty years ago, Author and Ad Age writer Bob Stone gave a framework for direct marketing funnels: list, offer, creative. This series expands that list for the digital age, itemizing the elements every website now needs to act as a funnel and generate leads. This episode covers what needs to be in place to know everything about people’s interactions with your website.
Listen in for answers to these topics:
- What are the main pieces of a funnel infrastructure
- What are the skills you need to set up and maintain your infrastructure?
- How to track what’s happening in your site through Google Analytics, everything from a video view to use of a chatbot
- Which tools manage the tags behind these conversions
- What you need to run A/B testing
You’ll also hear how Mother Hubbard, Gas Tanks and the game of Plinko all relate to tracking on your website.
Ideas and Products mentioned in episode:
People mentioned in episode:
Please go see the Google Marketing Platform by going into https://analytics.google.com and clicking the 2 by 2 grid icon shown below.