This is part of a pair of episodes about a social network devoted to business professionals, LinkedIn. To hear how to use thought-leading content on it, go to this show with Darryl Praill.
In this episode, you’ll hear AJ Wilcox, founder of a LinkedIn-only advertising agency, explain why you should advertise on LinkedIn. AJ was an early adopter of LinkedIn (you’ll see what I mean by looking at his LinkedIn profile) and he goes in to deep description of many aspects of running paid campaigns on LinkedIn, including:
- Which part of the BANT model which LinkedIn’s targeting provides.
- How objective-based campaigns work.
- The four main types of ads you can create.
- How to differentiate explicit, implicit and behavioural targeting methods the platform uses so you can choose the best one for your campaign audience.
- Why the cost-per-click of LinkedIn ads is higher than other platforms, and how it can still be economically justified.
- How the age and past performance of your campaigns is factored into what Linkedin charges you for a click.
- Some of the newer platform releases, like integration of Microsoft Bing search behaviour and new features coming to the platform.
People/products/concepts mentioned in this episode:
CPC vs CPM bidding
Add the LinkedIn pixel to your site even if you aren’t planning on a campaign. Get insights on what LinkedIn knows about your site visitors.