Paul Roetzer graduated with a journalism degree from the E.W. Scripps School at Ohio University and a few years afterwards he founded Ready North (formerly PR 20/20). In 2016 he founded the Marketing AI Institute. The idea for such an organization came from what Paul saw when AI began impacting his agency. He thought the only way marketers like him could work alongside AI would be by better understanding its capabilities.
Part of their vision of educating marketers is through an annual event, and in 2019 they held their inaugural Marketing AI Conference. MAICON was on pause during lockdowns, but it came back in 2022.
In 2022, He and co-author Mike Kaput published the book we’re talking about, Marketing Artificial Intelligence. The book draws on years of research and dozens of interviews with AI marketers, executives, engineers, and entrepreneurs. He has also authored The Marketing Performance Blueprint (2014) and The Marketing Agency Blueprint (2012). Through his podcast and as a conference speaker, Paul makes AI approachable and actionable for marketers.
He and his family live in Cleveland, Ohio.
People, Products and Concepts in the Show:
- Paul’s profile on LinkedIn and on Twitter
- Marketing AI book’s site
- MAICON event held each summer in Cleveland
- His Post: The Future of Business Is AI, or Obsolete
- AI’s use of Large Language models
- Kai-Fu Lee
- Google’s Multimodal Model (MUM)
- DallE 2
- You may also be interested in this episode with Paul’s colleague, Cathy McPhillips as well as with a MAICON speaker, Christopher S. Penn.